We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Hegemony III: Clash of the Ancients
Hegemony III: Clash of the Ancients is a historical real-time strategy (RTS) created by Longbow Games that begins during the early days of the Roman Republic and allows players to either follow the historical rise of Rome or break with history and build a new Greek, Gallic or Etruscan empire. Hegemony III is the sequel to Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar and Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece. This game was released on Steam and other major digital platforms on 25 August 2015.
Players start with one city from over 25 different Factions and are tasked with gathering Resources, building an army and capturing territory. Campaigning takes place on a single continuous map of ancient Italy where players can zoom between the 3D tactical map and the 2D strategy map at any time. Gameplay can be paused at any time and players may issue orders and inspect their empire while the game is paused.
During gameplay, players will encounter various tasks and events based on real historical events such as the Samnite Wars and the Gallic sacking of Rome.In addition to the the primary sandbox mode, Hegemony III also includes a full-featured map editor that allows players to build their own historical or fantasy worlds to campaign on.
Story[edit | edit source]
Centuries before Caesar, Alexander or Philip, the forested hills and rocky coasts of ancient Italy draw cultures from across the Mediterranean with promises of wealth and prosperity. Bronze-clad hoplites from the powerful Greek city-states set sail across the Adriatic to carve out bridgeheads of Hellenic culture amongst the native Italic hill tribes, while aggressive bands of Gallic Skirmishers make the trek South across the Alps in search of fertile new land. And along the marshy banks of the Tiber river, a small upstart city called Rome battles for independence from the established Etruscan confederacy.
But only one faction can rise to become the greatest empire the Mediterranean has ever seen. Will Rome fulfil its destiny to rule the ancient world or will history be rewritten to forge a new Etruscan, Gallic, or Greek hegemony!
Features[edit | edit source]
- Command Armies - Direct armies of hoplites and legionaries on the battlefield in paused or real-time. Plot flanking manoeuvres or snap units into larger formations using intuitive and precise controls.
- Manage Resources - Construct and protect your network of farms and supply lines to feed your growing empire, while raiding enemy resources to weaken them before the final assault.
- Create Worlds - Use the built-in map editor to create your own historical or fantasy worlds and then share them with the community using Steam Workshop.
- 25+ Factions - Choose from over 25 factions from 4 unique cultures including the Gallic Celts, Etruscans, Romans, Latins, Samnites, and Greeks.
- Dynamic Campaign - Sack Rome as the Gauls! Relive the Samnite wars! Dynamic objectives adapt to your strategy allowing you to recreate history or plot your own path to hegemony.
- 30+ New Units - Command your army in a time when the arms and tactics evolve with every conflict. Tribal warriors must take up the hoplon shields of their enemies to fight back againt the invading Greeks, while early Roman legions learn to adapt the time-tested phalanx in order to survive the Gallic assault.
- Seamless Map - Campaign from the rocky coasts of Magna Graecia to the fertile valleys of Cisalpine Gaul on an all-new map at 4x the detail of Hegemony Rome. Use the series' trademark strategic zoom to seamlessly move between the tactical and strategy maps at any time, maximizing your abilities to inspect, control and manage your growing empire.
- Dozens of New Features - Grow your cities, unlock new faction skills, trade resources, purchase slaves, and many more new features make this the most in-depth Hegemony game ever!